Beaumont's Waste Program
CLICK HERE for Beaumont's 2022/2023 Waste Collection Schedule
Styrofoam Now Accepted at Leduc's Eco Station
As part of a one-year pilot project, the Eco Station in Leduc will now accept white block Styrofoam for recycling.
This service enhancement will allow residents to drop off limited quantities of Styrofoam at the Eco Station for free during regular hours of operation. A mobile processing unit that uses new technology will collect the Styrofoam from the Eco Station one or two times per month. For full details, check out Leduc's page HERE.
The Leduc and District Regional Waste Management facility has opened it's new public drop-off area at the regional landfill to provide safer vehicle access and reduced wait times for residents.
Hours of Operation
Monday to Saturday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. From May 1st to September 15th, they are open until 9:00 pm on Wednesdays. They are also open all statutory holidays except, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
For full details on the facility, including schedules, updates, and the Take It or Leave It program, visit https://leducregionallandfill.ca/.
Stay Informed With Our Smart, Savvy, Green App
Did you know that the City of Beaumont has put together an app to help make your curbside collection more accessible/easy? It's got everything you need. Have your collection schedule on hand, get notified of updates on services, learn new tips and tricks, and find anything else you might want to know. Download it today!
What Our Waste Program Is About
The City of Beaumont focuses on our waste program being Smart, Savvy, and Green. We work hard to ensure that we do our part for the environment and our community. That is why Beaumont Waste Services encompasses a curbside collection program that includes waste carts, organics carts, and recycling.
How Can You Help?
- Reduce your shopping waste by avoiding prepackaged fruits and vegetables, as well as single-wrapped or single-use products.
- Evaluate what you do waste and create your own personalized waste-reduction plan.
- Avoid buying or consuming products that have excess packaging.
- Start a game with your family to see who can waste the least for a chance to win a fun family prize.
What Can I Put In My Organics Cart?
Think it's just grass clippings? Think again - you can put all sorts of natural materials in your green cart.
|Food Scraps||Pasta and Rice||Bones, Meats, and Fish||Plant Material (no soil)|
|Eggs/Egg Shells||Paper Towels||Corn Stalks||Twigs, Leaves, Yard Waste|
|Facial Tissues||Jack O-Lanterns||Greasy Pizza Boxes||Pet Waste|
|Flour, Grains, and Dough||Baked Goods||Soiled Paper||Tea Bags|
|Cooled and Solidified Grease||Fruit/Vegetable (inc. Peels)||Coffee Filters|
Did you know that your organics, waste, and recycling can also be dropped off at the Leduc and District Regional Waste Management Facility? Completely free of charge! However, there is a limit of 1,000KG per household each year.
Did you know that we have a Bylaw outlining certain regulations around waste/collection? This includes organic materials. This Bylaw is in place to help keep us moving forward towards a smart, savvy, and green future. The Bylaw covers a wide range of regulations:
- This Bylaw may be cited as "The Waste Management Bylaw"
- Full information on Collection and Recycling Services can be viewed
- Full information on fees associated with not following the regulations can be viewed
- Full information on Preparation of Materials for Collection can be viewed
- Full information on Restrictions on Collection Services can be viewed
- Full information on Collection, Storage Locations, and Scheduling can be viewed
- Full information on Parking Restrictions Near Waste Roll Carts can be viewed
- Full information on Waste Disposal Sites, Waste Transfer Stations & Recycling Station can be viewed
The full Bylaw #762-10 can be viewed HERE.
A full list of current frequently asked questions can be found HERE. FAQs are updated as they become available so make sure you stay up-to-date by checking that page out anytime you have a question. If you have a concern or a question to ask, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 780-929-4306.