Deputy Mayor Term:
November 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020
Boards, Committee and Association Appointments:
- Alberta Capital Region Wastewater Commission
- Arts Council
- Beaumont Recreation, Parks & Culture Advisory Committee (Alternate)
- Budget Committee
- Capital Region Southwest Water Services Commission (alternate)
- Capital Region Waste Minimization Advisory Committee
- Community Adult Education Council
- Committee of the Whole
- Leduc & District Regional Waste Management Authority (alternate)
Steven vanNieuwkerk was born in Bashaw, and, was raised in the central Alberta towns of Mirror and Stettler. Steven and his wife Laura have two young boys, Issac and Braden, and have called Beaumont home since 2011.
Steven is a university graduate and former business owner of 8 years. With a background in Environmental Science, Steven has worked in the energy industry since 2000. Reflecting on his time as a business owner in Alberta, Steven is a strong supporter of process, procedure and having a strong understanding of issues before looking to create solutions. Steven believes in “the right people, working on the right tasks.”
Steven can be found, year-round, at various great events put on in Beaumont, and, on our vibrant trail system with his family. In his spare time, Steven enjoys spending time with his family and friends on the golf course, on camping trips and taking his boys to/from the various extracurricular activities they are involved in!