COVID-19 IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Due to COVID-19 precautions, the City of Beaumont Administration Office is closed to the public. We are still working and processing permits, compliance letters, business licenses etc. Applications are being accepted electronically in pdf format only through . Applications are legal documents that need to be fully legible and signed by the Applicant. Other electronic formats have proven to be inconsistent in quality and content.
If you are unable to submit your application in a pdf format, hard copy applications may be submitted in our after-hours drop box located at the City Administration Offices at 5600 – 49 Street.
Permit applications take 2 – 3 weeks to process. You will receive an email indicating your permit application is deemed complete, and you will receive another e-mail when your permit has been issued.
How to submit your permit application electronically:
- Click and open the appropriate permit application package.
- Download and save the fillable PDF permit application package to your computer
- Fill in the fillable permit application package and save
- Use your Adobe application to attach your signature, or otherwise electronically sign the document.
- All attachments must be in PDF format. Photographs are not acceptable
- Email the completed PDF permit application package and any PDF attachments to:
Beaumont inspects and approves design and construction of new buildings and renovations to ensure they comply with all relevant acts, statutes and bylaws. If you are planning any new building, renovating a building or changing the use of a building or land, you will need a permit.
If you are planning to construct a new building, alter an existing building or change the use of a property, you will need a development permit. A development permit ensures that your development is in conformance with district and development regulations under the Land Use Bylaw.
Structural additions, alterations or repairs to any existing buildings. These can include basement developments; skylights and
- Basement Development Information Sheet
- Additional Dwelling Unit Information Sheet
- Basement/Additional Dwelling Unit Application Package
- Other projects: Development/Building Application Package
Decks if any part of the floor is more than .6 meters (2 feet) above the ground.
Accessory Buildings - i.e. Detached Garage, Shed, Gazebo
Accessory buildings over 10 square metres (107.64 sq. ft) in floor area or smaller sheds if a foundation is constructed.
Corner lot fences that are 1.8m (6 ft) high. Please see the Fence Information Sheet for clarification.
Architectural Controls - fences
Architectural controls may apply and it is the homeowner's responsibility to contact the developer or builder to verify restrictions or allowances. If your developers name is not on the list, architectural controls may be registered by a caveat on your title which can be found through land titles. The City of Beaumont does not enforce architectural controls.
Fire Pits & BBQ Structures
Hot Tubs & Swimming Pools
Other Development Projects that require permits
- Change of use of a building (most common to a new business replacing an old business in a commercial building)
- Operating a home based business
- Towers, flag poles, aerials, masts over 4.5 meters (15 feet in height), satellite dishes over .5 meter (1.6 feet)
- Retaining walls over 1 meter (3 feet high) are built (engineered drawings are also required)
- Driveway extensions may require a permit. Please contact Beaumont's Administration Office for more information.
If your development will require a variance, you will need to fill out an additional variance permit application form. See Fees and Charges for cost.
Architectural Controls & Landscaping Requirements
The architectural controls and landscaping requirements are set by the developer and not enforced by the City. Please contact your developer with any questions.
Encroachment on Municipal Roadways
Moving Containers/Refuse Bins/Landscaping Materials on Municipal Roadways