Action For Happiness
Join us as we make 2021 as positive as possible! Action for Happiness is a movement that empowers people to have the support and resources to create a happier and more positive society. Beaumont's Action for Happiness is about mental health, stability and compassion towards yourself and each other. As we grow this initiative, we will be putting together resources, webinars, activities, and projects that focus on bringing our community closer together.
Active Coping April
This month is Active Coping April and we're encouraging you to get active, get outdoors and take care of your body. There are simple things we can all do to take care of our bodies - for example unplugging from technology, getting outside, breathing more deeply, laughing and even singing. Our body and our mind are connected, being active makes us happier, and it improves our mood and can even lift us out of a depression. Remember to take time to rest….
Josie from Action for Happiness takes you on a short journey through the Active April 2021 calendar:
We've got more fantastic events coming up. Do join us if you can!
Tuesday April 20: Gretchen Rubin - Happier Than Before
Thursday April 29: Helen Russell - Why Sadness Matters
Josie's Guide to Mindful March 2021
Josie, from the Action for Happiness team, takes us on a short journey through the 2021 Mindful March calendar, sharing hints, tips and musings about some of the actions for this month. A must-listen for anyone with an interest in positive psychology or mindfulness.
Podcast Link: Click HERE
- 10 Keys to Happier Living (guidebook)
- 340 Ways to Use Character Strengths (Download) - Practical ways of using character strengths based on research by Tayyab Rashid
- A Primer in Positive Psychology (Book) A comprehensive overview of the field of positive psychology.
- https://www.coursera.org/learn/the-science-of-well-being - Free online course " The Science of Well Being"
- Dr. Laurie Santos is hosting a podcast at Listen to The Happiness Lab. January discussion is “Are you ready to be kinder to yourself” she will talk about how science shows the secret to fulfilling your new year’s resolutions is to simply be... nice to yourself. Strict diets, brutal exercise and going cold turkey on your bad habits doesn’t work.
- Tiny Habits: The Small Changes That Change Everything (Book) - by BJ Fogg
- Positive Intelligence (Book) - Shirzad Chamine
January: Pledge Month
Join us as we make 2021 as positive as possible. All month long we focused on supporting our community, Council, and employees to take a pledge focusing on making this year (and each one after that) better than the last. Get your family, friends, and coworkers involved to help spread life and hope into our every day lives. Our Beaumont Action for Happiness Pledge can be found HERE. We also put together a January Calendar with actions that you could take every day to stay positive and spread kindness to others.
Let's take the time to pause, breathe and really take in what's all around us. During March we encoured you to take some time to look within. Learning to be more mindful and aware can do wonders for our well-being in all areas of life - like the way we eat, the things we notice or our relationships. It helps us get in tune with our feelings and stops us dwelling on the past or worrying about the future - so we get more out of the day-to-day. It can also help us identify what we're grateful for, which has been proven to help boost your happiness levels! You can view the Mindful March calendar HERE.