Why work for Beaumont?
You can take great pride in our forward-thinking organization, its positive work culture and our amazing group of talented people. Working for Beaumont means working for a diverse, inclusive and supportive workplace that values work-life balance.
Our staff genuinely care about our community and our residents, making a difference. It’s what we do! We want Beaumont to be the best play to live, work and play. After all we believe our motto is true - Life is Better in Beaumont.
Salary & Compensation
Our organization conducts formal compensation reviews regularly. We want to ensure that our staff are fairly compensated for their hard work and commitment to our organization.
- Beaumont offers a number of benefits to permanent full-time. These premiums are 100% Employer paid.
- Employee Assistance Program – confidential counseling and referral services
- Extended Health Care which includes a variety of health services, prescription drugs, vision coverage and international travel and medical assistance
- Dental care including a provision for orthodontics and major restorative work
- Group life insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- A Health, Wellness and Learning Account - up to $500 for certain equipment or activities
- Enrollment in the Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP). This defined benefit pension plan (cost-shared) allows you to plan for a healthy retirement and you qualify for a pension after only 2 years of service.
- Short and long-term disability programs to ensure your income is not affected by serious illness or injury - (mandatory Employee paid premium)
- FREE membership to our Beaumont Sports & Recreation Centre
- Competitive Vacation Entitlement packages and an optional Vacation Purchase Program. Vacation entitlement begins at 3 weeks and moves to 4 works in your fourth year of service
- Earned Day Off (EDO) Program whereby extending the daily work day will allow you to take the time off once it is earned. This flexibility is great!
- Peer-to-Peer Recognition Program
- Engagement and satisfaction surveys, various committees, and a meet-and-greet with our CAO within the first month of employment
- Community Leave Day, a paid volunteer day off
- Paid Sick Leave that can be utilized for attending to illness in the immediate family
- Wellness Bonus, a bonus paid out for unused sick days after three years of service
- A dynamic Social Committee that organizes employee appreciation events throughout the year including summer BBQs, pancake breakfasts, potlucks, after work socials, yearly Christmas party, and more!
- Casual Friday dress code
- 13 paid statutory holidays
- Long service recognition
- Computer purchase program
- FREE parking at all our municipal buildings
- FREE coffee and tea in comfortable lunchrooms
- A chance to give back to our community through the various charities we support (Beaumont Nisku Christmas Elves, Leduc & District Food Bank, Chantal Bérubé Memorial Fund, etc.)
Our organization puts an emphasis on continual growth, education, and lifelong learning. We encourage our staff to further their careers, advance and move-up in the organization. Through our bi-annual Performance Evaluation process employees work with their supervisors to create a learning plan to improve and build on their skills. Beaumont supports a variety of training and professional development opportunities for employees including:
- In house training sessions (computer training, respectful workplace training, safety training, etc.)
- Lunch and learns
- Paid memberships
- Acting appointments
- External courses and programs
- Leadership development
- Tuition reimbursement