Road, Sidewalk & Trail Maintenance
Maintaining the City's infrastructure that allow residents and visitors to get from Point A to Point B is an important function and requires a multi-pronged, all-year approach. See our page on snow and ice control for info on the winter side of street maintenance.
Have a Question? Contact Our Infrastructure Department.
Call: 780-929-4300 during regular business hours
Residents can send concerns or questions online, any time of day, through the service request portal.
Municipal Enforcement: 780-851-9992
Road, Sidewalk & Trails
From mid-March to mid-October, repairs are made to the streets, lanes, curbs, gutters and sidewalks identified in the regular patrols and annual survey of conditions. Repairs are prioritized so the most severe ones are scheduled first. Types of maintenance the City applies can be found in the last tab on this page.
The City's annual Spring Street Sweeping Program removes sanding material and other debris (built up on roads during winter) from Beaumont's public roadways.
Street sweeping takes place in the early spring. It can start as early as the end of March if the weather allows for it.
Sweeping is good for the environment, reducing dust, other airborne contaminants and the amount of material in the stormwater system. Removing loose material from the roadway is also a safety precaution for pedestrians, bicycles and vehicles.
The street sweeper can still create dusty conditions (the City minimizes dust as much as possible), reducing visibility. Always give the equipment plenty of space: in front, behind and on both sides.
Ways you can help
Signs are placed at the main entrances into subdivisions scheduled for sweeping at least 48 hours in advance. Please park elsewhere on sweeping days, so sweepers can do the best job possible. Sweepers will make up to 3 passes; if you see the sweeper go by, it may not be done yet, so please do not return to park on the street.
- Ramps or other obstructions should be removed from the gutter in front of your driveway.
- Rock chips and sand can be swept into the curb gutter for the sweepers to pick up.
- Grass, leaves and garbage should be kept away from the road and curb gutters and disposed another way.
- Advertising signs on boulevards and the median should be removed on sweeping days.
- Street parking can resume when signs are removed from your neighbourhood.
Thank you for contributing to the overall cleanliness of Beaumont and your cooperation through the inconvenience.
Street sweepings from private property
Street sweepings from private parking lots or non-City/City-contracted equipment may be accepted at the Leduc Landfill. Please call in advance to confirm.
What does the City do to keep Beaumont's roadways, lanes and trails safe and working well for the public?
- Pothole patching with either hot or cold mix products depending on time of year
- Resurfacing asphalt streets to avoid costly reconstruction and provide a smooth surface for vehicles
- Router and seal cracks in streets to stop water from damaging the road base
- Grading gravel perimeter roads to maintain good drainage and an even surface
- Grading gravel lanes to maintain proper drainage and an even surface
- Reconstructing lanes that have poor drainage
- Patching asphalt aprons
Sidewalk & trail repairs
- Repairing sidewalks and trails to remove defects unsafe to the public
- Repairing curbs and gutters to improve water drainage