Service Connection Permit
Beaumont Public Works new Service Connection Permit Process becomes effective April 8, 2019.
Highlights of requirements:
We have provided you with our draft information to allow time for you to become familiar with our new requirements and the established timelines.
for Beaumont Service Connection Permit and Inspection Guidelines
Types of Inspections:
City of Beaumont Inspection
- Two (2) Business days’ notice is required to arrange for an inspection. Please call 780-929-4300 to book an inspection, quoting approved “Service Connection Permit Number.”
- Fees may apply for cancelled, changed or missed inspections; refer to Bylaw 936-18 Schedule “A” Fees and Charges.
- Contractors will be required to uncover any work installed and backfilled without approval.
- A member of Beaumont Water and Wastewater Services must be present to inspect all work.
- Contractor must be present at time of inspection.
- Click here to refer to a flow chart.
Quick-Trench Program Inspection
- This program allows an approved contractor to complete installation of the water, sewer, and storm services without requiring Beaumont Water and Wastewater Services to be present. The contractor will submit completed inspection reports with attached pictures to Beaumont for review within three (3) business days of connection being completed.
- See Quick-Trench Rules and Guidelines for more information.
- Click here to refer to a flow chart.
Installation Standards and Guidelines
Sanitary Sewer Service
Storm Sewer Service
- If sections of the excavation have high ground water, washed rock shall be used in place of sand.
- If sections of pipe are undercut, grade must be brought back up with washed rock.
- All piping and fittings must be visible at time of inspection. Services or sections of services that are covered must be dug up and/or re-exposed for inspection. This includes having water pumped out of the trench, if visibility of pipe is obscured. Pictures taken by the contractor will not be accepted.
- Water service must run parallel to sanitary sewer service and shall not cross over or under.
- If the storm sewer service must cross over the water and sanitary sewer services, a minimum 150mm vertical separation must be maintained.
- All excavations left open overnight must be properly fenced off.
- A re-inspection or missed appointment fee may be charged if adequate notice is not given prior to cancelling, time change, or if appointment is missed. (See current list of Fees and Charges)
- Water, sewer, and storm service connections will not be accepted unless the above conditions are adhered to.
- All trenching shall be in conformance with OH&S regulations Subsections 446(2) and 446(3). Also, workers shall be in conformance with Subsection 234 regarding Head Protection. Failure to comply with these regulations may result in a refusal to inspect by the City.
- An approved Service Connection Permit is required before any work or inspection is to take place.
- Permit application must be submitted a minimum of five (5) business days before the Contractor intends to begin installation. This allows time to review and approve permit, and to book inspection.
- Each municipal address requires a separate permit. (Two permits for a duplex, three permits for a triplex, and so on)
- The Contractor doing the work will apply for, and hold, the permit.
- From the permit approval date, work must commence within ninety (90) days and the permit will expire after one hundred and twenty (120) days. If not completed within this time frame, a re-application will be necessary.
Complete the below form and email to WaterandWastewater "at" Beaumont.ab.ca (replace "at" with the symbol @) for approval.
The below Permit form is a fillable PDF document. In order to complete this document it must be saved or downloaded FIRST (i.e. prior to filling our the form) or opened in a specific computer or mobile application (such as Adobe Acrobat or Xodo). Note: if the fields cannot be clicked on and edited, you are not viewing it in the correct format. Beaumont needs it to be filled out in the correct format so we can continue to fill out the form. Do not fill out form using pen/pencil. Save and email file to email noted above. Thank you.