Fitness Centre Closure
Fitness Centre Closure: December 4 - 13
The fitness centre in the BSRC will temporarily close to undergo essential maintenance and upgrades to enhance your fitness experience. During this closure, fitness centre users will be provided with alternative exercise options OR a complimentary membership freeze. Please review the FAQ section below to explore these options and learn more about the closure.
We acknowledge this closure will cause some inconvenience, and we thank you for your patience and understanding. We can't wait to welcome you back on December 14 with an improved fitness centre!
For questions, please reach out to BSRC Guest Services at 780.929.7946 or Guest.Services@beaumont.ab.ca.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Why is the fitness centre closing?
- Alternative exercise options
- Temporarily freeze my BSRC membership
Why is the fitness centre closing?
The fitness centre will undergo some essential maintenance and upgrades to enhance your fitness experience.
Upgrades to the fitness centre will include:
- All new floors in the lower fitness centre
- 5 treadmills will be replaced with newer models
- 2 stair climbers will be replaced with newer models
- 1 new manual treadmill will be added to the fitness centre
Alternative Exercise Options
Drop-in Fitness Classes
- During the closure period, Standard Members will have access to drop-in fitness classes, based on availability before the start of class. Standard Members cannot pre-book fitness classes.
- To check class availability, Standard Members can click here of visit Guest Services prior to the start of class.
- Plus Members can still pre-register for drop-in fitness classes up to a week in advance.
- Please note drop-in classes that regularly take place in Studio A (inside the fitness centre) will be relocated during the closure.
- Click here to view the classes that are affected and their temporary relocations.
Workout of the Day
- Participate in our 10-day workout challenge! Each day, a new circuit workout will be posted by the upstairs track. Try out all ten and you may just discover a new favourite workout!
- Join us for daily drop-in sports! From badminton to public skating, we have something for everyone. Come alone or bring your family for some friendly competition.
- Click here to view the drop-in sports schedule.
Temporary Membership Freeze
- To freeze your membership, you must contact Guest Services prior to December 4. The freeze will not occur automatically and cannot be initiated once the closure begins.
- Please note the membership freeze applies to all BSRC facilities, not exclusively the fitness centre. If you choose to freeze your membership, you will not have access to the drop-in fitness classes, drop-in sports, pool, rink, track, etc.
- Guest Services will waive membership freeze fees during this time.
How do I freeze my membership?
To freeze your membership, visit BSRC Guest Services in-person or contact them by phone or email prior to December 4.
📍5001 Rue Eaglemont
Please note: Depending on your membership type, your options for a temporary membership freeze will vary. Please see the options below. Contact BSRC Guest Services for more information.
|Paid In Advance & Recurring |
|Membership cancellation with pro-rated credit. Credit can be used to repurchase membership after closure.|
|Paid In Advance Annual Membership||Membership hold from Dec. 4 - 13. Hold fee will not be charged.|