Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Framework
As the City of Beaumont grows, our community has welcomed residents of various racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, abilities, and socio-economic statuses. It is our commitment to provide an equitable and inclusive environment, where all residents feel a sense of belonging and have opportunities to thrive.
To achieve this, the City of Beaumont, in partnership with LevelUp Planning, is developing an Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) framework. The EDI framework will be a roadmap to guide the City on ways to make Beaumont a more equitable, diverse, and inclusive environment for everyone.
In the coming months, consultants from LevelUp Planning will engage with residents in public places (library, recreation centres, coffee shops, markets, etc.) through conversation and targeted questions. Participation is optional; however, we encourage you to become involved where you feel comfortable. The information collected will help inform the development of an EDI framework for the City.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Framework FAQ
WHAT is an EDI framework?
- The Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion framework will lead Beaumont's strategy to develop an equitable and inclusive environment for all. The EDI framework will identify the current state of EDI in the community, recognize EDI opportunities, and provide a future vision with recommendations and implementation strategies.
WHY is the City developing an EDI framework?
- Beaumont's population has rapidly grown over the years. It is our commitment to provide an environment where all residents feel a sense of belonging. The EDI framework will allow the City of Beaumont to strategically guide and manage its direction of equity, inclusion, and diversity.
HOW will the EDI framework be developed?
- To gather information, LevelUp Planning will conduct community outreach from November 2022 until February 2023. Outreach will include 1-on-1 conversations with residents about their experiences living in Beaumont. Conversations will take place at various locations throughout the city such as coffee shops, community and recreation centres, library, markets, and events.
- Key informant interviews and focus groups will also be conducted to inform the development of the EDI framework.
WHEN will the EDI framework be complete?
- LevelUp Planning will conduct engagement from November 2022 until February 2023. The framework will be complete by the end of March 2023.
For more information about this project, please contact Kristi Starling, FCSS and Social Development Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
‘Belonging in Beaumont’ Fireside Chat
When: Wednesday, February 15 from 3-6 p.m. (drop-in)
Where: Bibliothèque de Beaumont Library, 5700 49 Street
What: Informal conversations, interactive posters, and treats!
Come learn about Beaumont's EDI Framework and have your say! We want to hear from residents about what 'belonging in Beaumont' means to them. Light refreshments will be provided.