Curbside Give Away Weekend
Beaumont’s 1st annual Curbside Give Away weekend!
Move out the old and bring in the new-to-you from May 6 to 8, 2022. As part of the Celebrate Spring event taking place at the Beaumont Community Centre on May 7, the City is encouraging residents to FREE up some space and get some FREE stuff!
Let’s reduce the amount of garbage that ends up in the landfill and allow someone else to find a purpose for our unwanted treasures.
Post: Post your free items on the Interactive Give Away Map. Each item needs a separate submission to help making it easier for our Treasure Seekers to search the map.
Place: Place your items at the curb in front of your residence during the weekend of May 6-8, 2022
Purge: Once your item has been picked up, update your map posting so others will know it’s no longer available.
Give Away Etiquette
- Place a “Free” sign on each item so it is very clear what can and cannot be taken. You don’t want to lose your only sign if the item with the sign is taken, and you have more to give away. Need a sign? Here's one to print!
- Be a team player, only put out items that are clean and in good condition or able to be repaired (make note if repairs are required).
- Move items you are keeping close to your house to avoid confusion. You don’t want to lose those outdoor lanterns you snagged from Costco!
- Place your give away items on your property only. Your neighbour may need room on their side to place their own items.
- Keep your post on the interactive map updated.
- ALL UNCLAIMED ITEMS MUST BE removed from the curb by 6:00 p.m. on May 8, 2022. Consider donating unclaimed items to charitable organizations.
- Use the item search tool on the Beaumont Waste Services site to find the best means of disposal for each item.
- The Beaumont Waste Services annual large Item pick-up is scheduled to run May 30 – June 3 and the Hazardous & E-Waste Roundup Event will occur on May 28, 2022.
Treasure Seeker Etiquette
- Check out items available on the Interactive Give Away Map.
- Respect private property. Don’t walk on lawns or gardens.
- Only take items that are marked as “Free”.
- Obey all traffic laws. No u-turns, don’t block traffic or driveways, don’t park illegally, be aware of traffic behind you.
- Watch for children and other pedestrians.
What treasures can I give away/find?
- Construction materials including drywall materials (not bits of drywall, decent sized pieces)
- Holiday decorations, costumes
- Kitchen pots, pans, dishes
- Small appliances
- Sports equipment
- Yard & gardening equipment
What should I dispose of elsewhere?
- Items that have been recalled.
- Items given away must meet the current regulatory requirements in Canada. Visit this site to view requirements around specific items (i.e. baby gates, car seats, children’s jewelry/sleepwear, corded window coverings, hockey helmets/face protection etc.).
- Canada Safety Council has some useful information on item exchanging.
- It is illegal to give away/sell hazardous or unsafe items.
How do I post/update an item to give away?
- Complete this form.
- Attaching a photo will help attract more Treasure Seekers!
- You can enter the exact address in the map search bar or zoom in on the map to find the location
- Once you submit the form, your item will be viewable on the interactive map.
- You will need to submit a form for each item or group of items you are giving away. This will allow the Treasure Seekers the ability to search by category if they are looking for something specific.
- Once the item has been given away, visit the link in the confirmation email and change the status to "no" then re-submit the form. Each email confirmation will be specific to each item you post, make sure you are updating the correct item if you have multiple items posted.
- For the best experience using this application, we recommend that you use the latest version of Chrome.
Please note: The contents of this web page and other information provided by the City about curbside give away days are intended as helpful advice only; they are not legally binding. Curbside give away day participants are responsible for the goods they are giving away and the goods they are acquiring. The City of Beaumont does not accept any liability for any actions taken by participants in the give away days or for the type or quality of goods being given away or acquired as part of the curbside give away days.
We would love your feedback on this program, the submission form process and the interactive map feature. Please send comments to email@example.com.