Third Party Advertising

The regulation of third party advertising during municipal and school board elections has changed significantly with recent amendments to the Local Authorities Election Act. Anyone other than a candidate who is intending to spend $1,000 or more on election advertising is strongly encouraged to read Part 8 of the Local Authorities Election Act and seek legal advice to understand the full extent of their obligations. For more information:

Third Party Advertisers

A Third Party Advertiser (TPA) is an individual, corporation, or group who promotes or opposes a municipal or school board candidate through election advertising.

TPAs can take part in election advertising from May 1 to October 18, 2021. Please remember that campaigning and advertising is not permitted in voting stations. 

All TPAs who incur or intend to incur expenses or contributions of at least $1,000 must register with their local municipality. If a TPA intends to advertise in more than 10 jurisdictions, then they must register with the Provincial Registrar at Municipal Affairs. 

Registering as a Third Party Advertiser

To register with the City of Beaumont as a TPA, download and complete Form 27: Registration of a Third Party below and submit it to the City of Beaumont, 5600 49 Street, T4X 1A1 or by email to  

To register with the Provincial Registrar (required only if TPA intends to advertise in more than 10 jurisdictions):

  • Email
  • Phone 780-427-2225 (dial 310-0000 for toll free service for Alberta callers)

All registered TPAs are required to file Form 28: Third Party Advertising Contribution Statement no later than March 1, 2022. TPAs who do not meet this deadline will incur penalties as of March 2, 2022.

Third Party Advertiser Registry

 A list of registered TPAs will be published here. There are currently no registered TPAs.