Deputy Mayor Term:
2017 Organizational Meeting to June 30, 2018
Boards, Committee and Association Appointments:
- Alberta Capital Region Wastewater Commission (alternate)
- Budget Committee
- Committee of the Whole
- Community Adult Education Council (alternate)
- Community Events Committee
- Inter-Municipal Development Plan Liaison Committee
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
Councillor Perry Hendriks was first elected as Councillor in Beaumont in 1991-2007. He was re-elected as Councillor in October 2013.
Perry was born and raised in Edmonton and graduated from St. Francis High School in 1977. He graduated from NAIT in 1979 receiving a Diploma in Building Construction Engineering Technology. Perry is a Member of the Alberta Society of Engineering Technologists, and a recipient of the Canadian Construction Association Gold Seal Certificate for Project Manager.
Perry and his wife Jo-Anne moved to Beaumont in 1982 and have four children: Michelle, Danielle, Nicole, Pierce, sons-in-law Tommy and Mark, and grandchildren Zoey and Brody (Michelle).
As a member of City Council, Perry’s commitment is:
- Contribute with planning and implementation in developing new community facilities.
- Provide creative Land Use Bylaws, ensuring a continuance of healthy residential and commercial area development.
- Enhance the social well-being of our community.
- Continue to provide an ongoing review of the issues related to the storm water/sanitary water drainage systems. Implement corrective measures as required.
- Ensure continued cooperation with our valuable volunteer groups.
- Carry out the duties and responsibilities of City Councillor in an informed and businesslike manner.
- Devote his energy and business awareness to enhance our community wherever and whenever possible.
- Be available to receive your input, concerns and suggestions on matters relating to our community.
- Ensure strong and effective financial management of our tax dollar.