Neighbourhood Renewal Program
The Neighbourhood Renewal Program is a cost-effective, long-term strategic approach to address infrastructure needs such rebuilding and renewing roads, sidewalks and the underground networks.
Every year local roadways are visually inspected to assess the condition of pavement, curbs and sidewalks. Deficiencies are compared with previous ratings, then averaged for the neighbourhood. This average determines the kind of renewal needed. Factors affecting selection and timing include infrastructure condition, budget and coordination with utilities.
Renewal work varies depending on the state of neighbourhood infrastructure, by combining reconstruction, overlays and preventative maintenance, all of Beaumont’s neighbourhood can be improved. These benefits neighbourhoods quicker and at a lower cost than a full reconstruction program.
The Neighbourhood Renewal Program is designed for the following:
- Bring infrastructure up to current design and construction standards;
- Improve pedestrian safety and accessibility;
- Add curb ramps to intersections;
- Install lower profile roll-faced curbs or straight face curbs based on design requirements and surrounding environment; and
- Consider curb extensions at pedestrian crossings near schools, community halls and playgrounds.
- With any construction, there are always challenges, and this is amplified when construction takes place in established neighbourhoods. It is never the intention of Beaumont or the contractor to cause any inconvenience.
2020 Neighbourhood Renewal
This year, the areas for neighbourhood renewal are:
- 43 Avenue (from 50 St to 45 St)
- 44 Street (from 45 St to 44 Ave)
- 44 Street (from 44 Ave to 46 Ave)
- Watermain upgrades: mid-May to late May
- Underground upgrades: mid-May to late May
- Sidewalk removal and replacement: June to July
- Road work: July to September
Follow up construction notices from the contractor will be sent out with area specific timelines closer to the date.
Hours of construction:
- Monday to Friday: 7 am – 11 pm
- Saturday: 8 am – 10 pm
- Sunday and statutory holidays: 9 am – 10 pm
Road closures will be in effect, however local traffic will be accommodated.
CITY OF BEAUMONT
Questions or concerns regarding construction and/ or contractor
Direct - 780-929-4300
Email - Engineering@beaumont.ab.ca
D&H Concrete Services Ltd.
Contact information: James Lauman, 780-203-0076
Roadways and sidewalks will be closed during some portions of construction, limiting driveway access for a few hours to several days. The Contractor will work with residents by providing temporary gravel access as required. If you are parking elsewhere in your neighbourhood, be sure to obey street signs and be courteous to other residents.
Regular garbage collection is not expected to be disrupted, place your bins out as usual. At times when garbage trucks cannot access your roadway, the contractor will collect bins from the curbside and make sure your refuse is disposed of properly.
Should there be any issue with garbage pick-up please phone 780-929-4306 or email Waste@beaumont.ab.ca.
Beaumont has notified all emergency response units (Fire, RCMP, and EMS) of their intent to begin construction in your neighbourhood. During construction, Beaumont and emergency responders will work together to ensure proper procedures and access are in place should an emergency arise.
If you need emergency assistance during construction please contact responders as usual.
Mail will continue to be delivered as per scheduled. If there are any disruptions Canada Post will advise ahead of time.