Beaumont Sport and Recreation Centre Expansion
|BSRC Construction April 2020 Update|
|The Interior stone veneer is nearly complete.|
|Fieldhouse roof is sealed and insulation installation is complete.|
|Arena and Fieldhouse change room tile flooring is complete.|
|Ice slab construction has begun.|
|Recladding on the existing building is progressing.|
|Doors continue being hung and finish hardware installed is being installed.|
|BSRC November 2019 Construction Update|
- What is this project all about?
- How does this project effect the fitness centre and fitness classes?
- Are there still fitness classes running at the centre?
- Where will the fitness classes be located starting in January 2019?
- When will classes start in the New Year?
- What programs will be offered at the Beaumont Community Centre?
- Do I need a membership to attend the classes?
- How much do the fitness classes cost if I don’t have a membership?
- What payment type can I use at the Beaumont Community Centre?
- How do I get a membership?
- Is there registered fitness classes that I can register for to ensure I reserve a space?
- Can I pre-book for a space in the drop in classes?
- Is there any gym equipment I can use at the Beaumont Community Centre?
- Are there change rooms at the Beaumont Community Cente?
Beaumont Council voted on September 11, to proceed with a $29.5 million dollar renovation to the Aqua-Fit Centre. Construction is scheduled to begin October 2018. Council also approved the Aqua-Fit Phase 2 name change to Beaumont Sport and Recreation Centre / centre sportif et de loisirs Beaumont.
Beaumont Sport and Recreation Centre Project is an expansion and modernization of the existing Aqua-Fit Centre to include a National Hockey League-sized ice surface, an indoor Fieldhouse (multi-sport amenity), a high school gymnasium, a climbing wall and a suspended running track. Other updates will include mechanical updates to the pool filtration system.
Follow us on social media: or Twitter. Sign up for the Our Beaumont mailing list by emailing us.
Over the past two years, Administration and BR2 Architects have been working with the users, community groups and residents on the Aqua-Fit Phase 2 Project. The Project is to be built on the lands adjacent to the Aqua-Fit pool, and include the following amenities:
- NHL sized ice with seating and viewing areas
- Fieldhouse that can accommodate indoor soccer, lacrosse, and host events with seating
- High School gymnasium that can accommodate multi-court play
- Climbing-wall and running/walking
- Concession, multi-purpose rooms, tuck shops and offices
- Pool improvements to mechanical and the building envelope.
Beaumont - Aqua-Fit Phase 2 Interior from BR2 Architecture on Vimeo.