Statutory & Outline Plans
A Statutory Plan is a plan that has been prepared by Beaumont staff and then officially brought into law by Council. There are multiple kinds of statutory plans that affect growth and development in Beaumont.
Municipal Development Plan
The Province of Alberta, through the Municipal Government Act (MGA) requires all municipalities to have a Municipal Development Plan, which is a high level planning document that sets forth future land use for the municipality. Beaumont's MDP is currently undergoing a major update as a part of the Our Beaumont project.
Inter-Municipal Development Plan
There is an Inter-Municipal Development Plan (IDP) between Beaumont and Leduc County.
Central Area Redevelopment Plan
The Central Area Redevelopment Plan (CARP) provides a framework for encouraging, and guiding development and redevelopment in the central area of Beaumont. The goal is to make the central area the major business, social, cultural, and entertainment focus of the community.
Area Structure Plans
An Area Structure Plan is a statutory plan that provides a framework for development and growth in a specific area of land.
- Lakeview Area Structure Plan
- Elan Area Structure Plan
- (Draft) Our Planned Areas: Consolidated Area Structure Plan
- Appendix A: Coloniale Estates Area Structure Plan and Outline Plan
- Appendix B: Forest Heights Outline Plan
- Appendix C: Triomphe Estates Outline Plan
- Appendix E: Place Chaleureuse Outline Plan
- Appendix F: Montrose Estates Outline Plan
- Appendix G: Ruisseau Outline Plan
- Appendix H: Eaglemont Heights Outline Plan
- Appendix I: Dansereau Meadows Outline Plan
- Appendix J: Montalet Outline Plan
- Beau Val Park/Beaumont Lakes South Area Structure Plan
Neighbourhood Structure Plans
A Neighbourhood Structure Plan provides a more detailed framework for development and growth in a specific area of land and must comply with the higher order Area Structure Plan.
Make an Application
To make an application for a new Area Structure Plan or amend an existing Plan, contact Planning at firstname.lastname@example.org