Font Size: A A A

ResidentsBusinessVisitorsTown OfficeAbout BeaumontCareersCouncil Agendas and MinutesBudget & ProcessTown ProjectsService AreasPartnership Opportunities, Tenders and RFPsFAQContact UsNoticesTown CalendarGIS & MapsCareersWrite the Alberta Government

Development FAQ

What requires a Development Permit?

  • New buildings.
  • Structural additions, alterations or repairs to any existing buildings. These can include basement developments; skylights and sunrooms. A permit is not required for painting, decorating, new siding, shingles, etc.
  • Change of use of a building (most common to a new business replacing an old business in a commercial building).
  • Operating a home based business.
  • Attached and detached garages.
  • Decks, if any part of the floor is more than .6m (2 ft) above the ground.
  • Sheds that measure more than 10m2 (107 ft.2) in floor area or for smaller sheds if a foundation is constructed.
  • Towers, flag poles, aerials, masts over 4.5m (15 ft in height), satellite dishes over .5m (1.6 ft).
  • Retaining walls over 1m (3 ft. high) are built (engineered drawings are also required).
  • Corner lot fences that are 1.8m (6 ft) high.
  • Fire pits, BBQ structures, hot tubs or swimming pools.
  • Driveway extensions may require a permit. Please contact the Town Office for more information. 

What are the costs of a permit?
Development and Building Permit Fees

What are the architectural controls and landscaping requirements (tree, fences, colours) in the Town?
The architectural controls and landscaping requirements are set by the developer and not enforced by the Town. Please contact your developer.

Developer Contact List (Residential and Commercial)

What are the requirements for a new house permit?
Applications will not be accepted without payment and all required documentation. Please see the New Home Construction Application Package

For more information contact us.