Strategic Plan & Report Card
The Town of Beaumont’s Strategic Plan includes a vision, mission, values key focus areas, strategic outcomes and measurable initiatives that are reviewed and updated annually. The Report Card is a summary of progress made on the previous Strategic Plan
Our vision for the future
A vibrant community that builds on a wealth of personal and collective potential, and on its French heritage, making Beaumont the community of choice to live, work, play and invest.
To provide quality programs and services to residents, visitors and the business community so that life is better in Beaumont.
Council and staff of the Town of Beaumont believe that the following four values must govern their behaviours in all that they do:
Accountability: accept responsibility for our decisions and actions.
Excellence: continuously strive to innovate and to meet expectations.
Integrity: be honest and open.
Respect: hold colleagues, the community and all those serving the community in high regard.
KEY FOCUS AREAS
- The Town of Beaumont’s residents, business community and municipal staff feel fully aware of, and understand the Town’s direction and decisions taken on their behalf.
- Beaumont becomes a destination of choice due to features such as the church on the hill, the renewed “Centre-ville”, its reputation as the town with a French flair, and through appropriate recreational/entertainment programs.
- That Beaumont’s current residential/commercial tax base ratio of 95:5 be moved towards a preferred ratio of 80:20 through the practice of aggressive economic development and the assignment and achievement of yearly targets.
- That Beaumont make substantial gains in the redevelopment of “Centre-ville” into an attractive area; while it is acknowledged that such a project is not likely to be completed within the time frame of this Strategic Plan, significant gains must be made before the opportunity for creating something unique to the benefit of the community is missed.
Fiscal and Asset Management
- That Beaumont earn optimal revenue from all available sources and achieve a balance between revenue and community needs.
- That Beaumont’s infrastructure is well maintained and safe to ensure the delivery of high-quality services to the community.
- That the Town of Beaumont is deemed an employer of choice as reflected in its attraction and retention of employees, and in its placement within Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
- That the Town of Beaumont make available to its community a broad range of programs, activities and services designed to make life better in Beaumont.
- That the Town of Beaumont be poised to achieve needed commercial growth.
- Principles of smart growth will impact all of our planning activities.