Aqua-Fit Phase 2 Project
New Sports Facility
The land next to the Aqua-Fit Centre, which is currently the temporary dog park, will eventually be developed into a new sports facility. We call this project Aqua-Fit Phase 2.
Follow us on social media: or Twitter. Sign up for the Our Beaumont mailing list by emailing us.
Timeline of the Project
- August 23, 2016: Council approved a Project Charter (conceptual and detail design) for the Aqua-Fit Phase 2 that defines the scope of the project; the approval processes; project schedule, communications and to identify and analyze project risks and mitigation strategies.
- November 2016: Town engaged BR2 Architecture after a competitive RFP process.
- December 2016 to March 2017: Town staff and BR2 are working towards reconfirming information on work completed to date, work with users/public to develop up to 3 high-level schematic designs for Council consideration and to move forward with conceptual design.
- March 20, 22, and 27, 2017: BR2, Focus Communications and Beaumont staff hosted Community Public open house input meetings.
- March 28, 2017: Council selected preferred option #3 for conceptual design of the project.
- March to July / August 2017: Complete conceptual and detailed design to the building permit stage (shovel ready project).
- June 27: Council approved the reduced scope at $29,500,000.
- July/August 2017: BR2 to complete operating models, meet with stakeholders and complete the detailed design.
- Fall 2017: Council will consider the budget request for the Aqua-Fit based on the detailed design moving forward.