Municipal Planning Commission
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Membership consists of the Chief Administrative Officer, 3 General Managers, and 1 Council member.
The Municipal Planning Commission was established by the Town Council to serve as a subdivision authority for proposed subdivisions within the corporate limits of the Town of Beaumont.
Aspects to be Considered
The Municipal Planning Commission must consider the following aspects:
- Whether the land is suitable for the proposed use
- The impact on or effect of adjacent land uses
- The requirement of the Municipal Government Act and Subdivision and Development Regulation
- Local statutory plans and the Land Use By-Law
- The need to balance the rights of the individual with the needs of the community
The decision can be of 4 types:
- To approve
- To approve with conditions
- To refuse the application
- To defer
The Decision of the MPC can be appealed to the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board. Appeals can be made by:
- The applicant
- The provincial government department that was entitled to receive notice of the application
- Beaumont Town Council
- School boards (regarding school reserve issues)
The Municipal Government Act also allows subdivision to be appealed to the Municipal Government Board on matters of provincial concern or inter-municipal dispute. The Municipal Government Board is a provincially appointed board.